Skip to main content

Page Content

Content Area

Insurance information for staff and students

It is in the interest of members of the University community to ensure that any activity undertaken on behalf of the University is adequately covered by insurance. The intention of these web pages is to enable you to access information in respect to the insurance coverage currently purchased by Charles Sturt University.

The Division of Finance is responsible for the arrangement and administration of the University's insurances. Our core insurance portfolio is effected directly by the University with Unimutual. Non-core policies are effected by CSU insurance brokers. Workers Compensation by Gallagher and all other non-core policies by Gow-Gates. Our main core protections include Property, Public & Products Liability, Professional Liability, Medical / Veterinary Malpractice, Clinical Trials, Cyber and Management Liability (including Directors & Officers Liability). Our main non-core insurances include Motor Vehicle, Contract works, Corporate Travel, Personal Accident for Students, Personal Accident for Voluntary Workers, Expatriate, Journey and Workers Compensation insurances for all Australian states and territories.

To find out more about these insurances and, if necessary, make a claim under them, click on to the following links:

Please note that other some other Divisions and Departments are responsible for some aspects of insurance and/or claims and/or related matters and you can find out more about these by going to the relevant sites: